The charter for terraces and local businesses was put in place by the town of Manosque in 2014. It was created to facilitate the correct use of public areas, whilst improving the attraction of the town centre.
The role of this document is to organise the use of public area, taking into account security constraints and in compliance with regulations for disabled people and the partially blind. The terrace charter facilitates administrative procedures, and enables the creation of a terrace or furniture and fittings for commercial purposes in compliance with the “a better lifestyle in Manosque” plan.
Authorisation for the use of public areas
Authorisation for the use of public areas for the installation of a terrace or furniture or fittings for commercial purposes is subject to certain conditions. Each year, the request for authorisation must be made in March or 30 days before the date of the installation of the terrace or furniture or fittings for commercial purposes. The applicant must provide the following items.
- the completed application form (link to application form),
- a photo of the site in question which shows the area concerned by the future installation,
- a plan with dimensions big enough to show the area concerned by the future installation,
- the location of all furniture and fittings in the public space around the terrace must be shown, as well as terraces in the surrounding area, and other existing businesses.
- an image showing all the furniture for the future terrace,
- a precise description of all each item of furniture for the terrace,
- a description of where the furniture will be stored,
- the certification of incorporation or the registration in the trade register.
Service gestion du domaine public
Monday to Friday: 8.30am to midday and 1.30pm to 5.00pm.
04 92 70 34 40